The Anna Plowden Trust offers grants towards the fees for attending a full-time conservation training course in the UK. Applications are considered from those who wish to embark on a career in conservation or from existing conservators who need to broaden the base of their formal training by attending a course for at least one year.
- Courses that prepare students for a career in conserving the moveable heritage (e.g. paintings, textiles, archaeological objects etc.) as well as heritage affixed to buildings (stained glass, wallpaintings) are eligible.
- Courses on the conservation of the non-moveable heritage (e.g. buildings) are not eligible.
- Applications are invited from individuals but please note that if a grant is made the funds will be paid to the institution at which the student is studying.
- Successful applicants may be awarded a free subscription to a journal if this offer is generously repeated in 2018 by the Routledge, Taylor and Francis Group, one of the Trust's sponsors.
- A condition of our grant is that those awarded scholarships provide a report on their progress, together with good quality images, within two months of the end of the academic year.
Our funds are heavily over-subscribed so potential applicants may wish to bear in mind that we will normally give preference to applicants who intend to make their careers in the UK.
The deadline for applications for 2018/19 is June 12th 2018. Applications must be submitted on our application form, which you can download below: