Plowden/Clothworkers' Foundation CPD Grants
Our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Grants enable conservators practising in the UK to take advantage of CPD opportunities by contributing towards the cost of short courses and attending conferences.
Thanks to a major partnership with The Clothworkers' Foundation, we have much increased funding available for CPD grants. The Plowden/Clothworkers' Foundation CPD Grants can be awarded for up to £1,000 or 50% (whichever is the smaller amount) of the cost of the conference or training course.
So far in 2019 we have already awarded 33 grants to conservators working in 23 different institutions and private practices enabling them to attend courses and conferences in the UK and overseas.
Please note that conservation students, PhD students and interns are NOT eligible to apply for a CPD grant. Please bear in mind that we will normally give preference to applicants who intend to make their careers in the UK and do not give grants to conservators practising overseas.
CPD Grant in Memory of Robert Shepherd
The Anna Plowden Trust has been asked to administer a fund set up in memory of the late Robert Shepherd, the well-known picture conservator. One element of this fund will provide an annual CPD grant to a paintings conservator currently working, and making their career, in the UK.
- Our standard terms and conditions apply to these grants: no more than 50% of the course cost or up to £1,000 whichever is the lower amount.
- Apply on our CPD application form that you can download below by the deadlines indicated below.
- The successful candidate might, in addition to the normal reporting requirements of the APT scheme, be asked to give a presentation on the course or conference attended at a meeting of the British Association of Picture Conservator Restorers.
- If you wish to be considered for the Robert Shepherd CPD Grant, simply note this somewhere on your application form. Applying for the Robert Shepherd CPD Grant will not affect adversely your chance of securing one of the much more numerous Anna Plowden/Clothworkers' Foundation CPD grants.
- Note that you would receive either the Shepherd CPD Grant or a Plowden/Clothworkers one, not both.
All 2019 application deadlines have now passed. Application deadlines for 2020 are:
January 20th, 2020
April 6th, 2020
June 8th, 2020
and September 14th, 2020
All applications must be made on the APT's application form which can be downloaded below.
Please note that you must apply in good time: it usually takes us four weeks to consider applications and we will not award a grant if the course or conference has already taken place. So please plan ahead, be aware of our application deadlines and apply to us sufficiently in advance of the conference or course you wish to attend.
The Anna Plowden Trust's grants for CPD complement those offered by Tru Vue in association with Icon.