The Trustees considered the first CPD grant applications of 2020 at the end of January and awarded the first twelve Anna Plowden/Clothworkers' Foundation CPD grants of the year.
The grants will benefit conservators at the Bodleian Library, British Museum, National Library of Scotland, Tate, University of Glasgow, V&A and York Glaziers Trust. A further three are self-employed and two work in private practice.
The awards will enable conservators to attend the following conferences and courses:
- AIC Annual Conference, 19–23 May 2020, Salt Lake City (grants awarded to six conservators)
- Care and conservation of manuscripts, 22–24 April 2020, Copenhagen
- Forum for the Conservation and Technology of Historic Stained Glass, 5–12 July 2020, Barcelona
- ICOM-CC Triennial meeting, 14–18 September, Beijing
- Icon smartphone video training for conservators, 12 May 2020, London
- International Congress on the Deterioration and Conservation of Stone, 7–12 September 2020, Göttingen
- Plastics in Peril Conference, 16–18 March 2020, Cambridge (grants awarded to two conservators)
The next deadline for applications is April 6th. Don't forget that you need to apply four weeks in advance of the course or conference you plan to attend (so you can still apply in the April round for a grant to attend AIC).
Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded here.