The Government recently announced a £1.75bn Cultural Recovery Package. The main schemes announced so far that are relevant to collecting institutions and conservators are:
- Culture Recovery Fund for Heritage (£92m)
- Culture Recovery Grants Programme (£500m)
- Culture Recovery Fund: Repayable Finance (£270m)
The Heritage Alliance has produced a digest of the funds that are available, you can download it here: culture-recovery-funding-synopsis_by_the_heritage_alliance.pdf
DCMS has also said that £258 million will be reserved for a second round of funding later in the financial year to meet the developing needs of organisations.
If your organisation is eligible and in financial difficulty due to Covid do apply to the relevant fund. The more applications that are received the more the need will be demonstrated. The deadline for applications to the different pots of funding vary but timing is tight, so you need to act quickly.
Organisations that can apply include:
- Not for profit organisations that manage heritage sites, venues or attraction
- Local authorities, universities and other public sector bodies that manage heritage sites, venues or attractions
- Private owners of heritage sites, venues or attractions (open to the public)
- Conservators, contractors, specialists and suppliers
- Organisations that manage culturally significant assets or collections