The Anna Plowden Trust exists to continue Anna's legacy - to raise standards in all areas of conservation work. We believe that this aim is still as vitally important as ever, particularly when public funds are under pressure.
We have now been in operation for twelve years and have built a strong track record of support for the training and professional development of UK conservators:
- Since 1999 the Trust has distributed well over £300,000 in grants.
- We have awarded over 130 Conservation Training Bursaries and over 100 CPD Grants.
- We have funded a one year internship at the V&A
- We have awarded four prizes for Research and Innovation in Conservation
- We have provided financial help to support the convergence of the UK professional conservation bodies in the formation of ICON.
To continue to support the current level of activity the Trust needs ongoing funding. Its activities are funded entirely from donations and we welcome contributions to any one of our programmes. If you are interested in supporting heritage conservation training please complete the standing order form attached below.
Donations are not used for running costs, which we keep to an absolute minumum, they will go directly into our grant giving programmes. A donation of £3,000 would enable us to give one Conservation Training Bursary; £250 would enable us to give one bursary for continuing professional development, and £1,000 would allow us to give one 'raising awareness of conservation' grant.
If you are a UK taxpayer, you can increase the value of your gift at no cost to you if you Gift Aid your donation by completing the simple form attached.